This is a great idea and it's something I've been meaning to do - and my english teacher agrees, she said I should read more classics and less kids books (but they're so fun!)
"The Big Read reckons that the average adult has only read 6 of the top 100 books they've printed."
1) Look at the list and bold those you have read.
2) Italicize those you intend to read.
3) Underline the books you LOVE.
4) Star those you've started and have not and will not finish. *
5) Strike through what you consider a complete waste of paper & time.
6) Reprint this list in your own LJ so we can try and track down these people who've read 6 and force books upon them ;-)( List hereCollapse )
I'm actually quiet pleased with my progress already - I thought for sure I'd be one of those who'd only read 6, so 12 is fantastic especially seeing as I'm kid (well okay three were forced on me by school, but other then that!) So now I have a goal, read the 30 italised and maybe the rest eventually.